Friday, October 30, 2009
Sunday is also the last day to order Memory Round Up t-shirts! If you want one you gotta pre-order. There will not be any to purchase at the event!!! You can order online at http://www.kisscropnshop.com/shop under November Extras. We are offering long and short sleeve shirts this year.
We are also very excited to tell you that we will have K.I.S.S. 32oz mugs and brand new tote bags available this year! We will have these on a first come-first serve basis starting at our Preview Party on Thursday evening. Just another reason to come see us Thursday!
Have a spooktacular Halloween weekend!!
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Here's a little something about the Paper Lady:
1. Tell us a little about yourself. My name is Debbie and I live in Auxvasse, Mo little town of 902 people and probably that many dogs LOL. I have two grown children Angela and Andrew both are married and Angela lives in Springfield with my grandkids Kobe 10 and Jada 6. Some of you may have seen them already they have grown up around scrapbooking. Andrew lives in Kansas City and has one step son Carson 9 and one on the way due in May….YEAH
2. Tell us a little about your business. I have been in business since 2001. I have had a store for 6 of those years and have done a traveling store the rest of the time. I chose my name because I had a little of this product and a lot of that--hence This n That for Memories. My specialty is Paper and brads. At most of the shows I do they call start calling me the Paper Lady.
3. What three things can you NOT scrap without? To scrap I need TIME, plenty of Room (I like to spread out—give me an inch and I will take up a mile) and my cutter.
4. Where do you draw inspiration from? Family
5. If you weren’t a scrapbook business owner what would you be? I would be at all the crops I could find working on my own pictures I never seem to have time to do it.
6. What three things do you usually have/do when scrapping that aren’t scrap related?
Listen to a book on cd, eat and talk
7. Complete the sentence… I am addicted to: Buying!! I can not seem to stop buying new items, I think I have to have it all (or most of it anyway)
8. My most embarrassing moment was: I had taken some scrappers to Tennessee to scrap and we were taking time to eat. I was in a hurry and I fell up the stairs with a plate of food in one hand and a sharp knife in the other hand. I didn’t hurt myself but I thought they were going to have a cow when I fell .
9. My favorite scrapbook moment was: They are all good
10. I am most proud of: My family
There you have it, Debbie aka The Paper Lady. We are very excited to have her back again this year. Debbie has been to every November K.I.S.S. Crop since we started I believe and has even joined us as a cropper at one of our events. We plan to make her start coming to crop more so she can scrap for herself!
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Let's meet JJ and Vicki:
1. Tell us a little about yourself. Vicki and J.J. are both married to Jeff…not the same one, but each has a husband named Jeff who happen to be very good friends. Vicki has two boys and J has two girls. We both live in Topeka, Kansas. For our real jobs, Vicki is a psychiatric nurse practitioner and J.J. is an accountant. We much prefer the scrapbooking way of life!
2. Tell us a little about your business. We started our business in 2005. We don’t have a good reason for our name!! We specialize in altered projects and love to show people other ways to use their favorite scrapbooking supplies for things other than scrapbooking. Our classes should not be missed because the projects make great gifts for others or yourself, and the products we show you to use are what we use on all our projects in our booth. So, if you take a class, you will learn what you need to know to do lots of other great stuff!
3. What three things can you NOT scrap without? Diet Coke, Chocolate, and girlfriends!! The caffeine keeps us alert and the girlfriends keep us entertained!
4. Where do you draw inspiration from? Diet coke, chocolate, and girlfriends!!
5. If you weren’t a scrapbook business owner what would you be? What we are now…a boring bean counter and a stressed out psychiatric nurse practitioner because we have to pay the bills!
6. What three things do you usually have/do when scrapping that aren’t scrap related?
Well, we have to have Diet coke, chocolate, and girlfriends!! And, we have to drink diet coke, eat chocolate, and gab with our girlfriends!
7. Complete the sentence… I am addicted to: Diet coke, chocolate, and scrapbooking!!
8. My most embarrassing moment was: We have too many to mention! It actually takes a LOT to embarrass us!! We give crap as easily as we take it and we just love to joke around and have fun!!
9. My favorite scrapbook moment was: When someone has shown us a completed project that was inspired by us.
10. I am most proud of: The fact that people like our projects and ideas and enjoy seeing us at events.
Now I know why I love these girls...diet coke, chocolate, girlfriends...that's my kind of scrapping fun!!
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
We are so excited about the classes that we are offering this year that we are going to host a Preview Party on Thursday, November 12th from 5:30-7:30pm! That's right, you can stop by the JQ Hammons Center to check out the classes in person, pick up your crop tickets and purchase any last minute classes you may be interested in. Now, you won't be able to bring in your crop supplies but you won't have to stand in line to get your tickets on Friday, you'll be able to see first hand the talents of our teachers and get the first peeks of the Memory Round Up!!
Hope to see you all there!!
Monday, October 26, 2009
1. I don't want to miss any of the fun things (blue lights, games, prizes, etc) but really want to take some classes. No problem! If you are not present when your name is called for a prize or game it will go back in to be drawn again. And this year we will not be doing Blue Lights until after 6:00pm on Friday and 5:00pm on Saturday so that everyone has a chance to participate.
2. I want to take classes but can't make it during the class time. That's easy!! Buy the class kit, many of our teachers will be offering their classes as kits that you can purchase and do on your own time. You will need to purchase a class ticket prior to November 1st for any classes or class kits you are interested in.
3. Can I bring my cricut/computer, etc. Yes you may, however you MUST bring an extension cord AND a power strip with you. Also, no additional tables will be allowed in at this event.
4. I can't seem to register for the crop, can you help? We have currently sold out all crop seats. If you are interested in being added to the waiting list email us at email@example.com. If we have any openings we will contact you on a first come-first serve basis.
5. I can't come to crop but really want to shop and take classes. How much does that cost? Nothing to shop!! Please feel free to come shop with us Friday from 10-6 and Saturday from 10-5. We never charge to shop and would love to have you!! Classes vary in pricing, length and projects. You can review and register for classes online at http://www.kisscropnshop.com. Class registration will close on November 1st so our teachers are able to prepare for their classes. Some but not all teachers will allow sales of class tickets at the door so if you really want to take a class you'll want to order it online so you don't miss out!
6. I want to participate in the Secret Sister but can't get the form to edit. If you are having trouble editing the form to add your information simply copy and paste the information in an email, add your answers and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. All forms will need to be turned in by October 31st. No late entries will be accepted!!
Hope I've helped answer some questions, if you have any please feel free to post here and we'll see if we can get them answered for ya!
Saturday, October 24, 2009
So what is a Blue Light? They are awesome, fabulous, crazy deals! Remember when K-Mart and Wal-Mart would do Blue Light specials? Same concept at K.I.S.S. Crops, we bring it great products, we give you a time limit and a crazy prize and you get to shop!! It's tons of fun and you get great deals. We will have a minimum of 6 Blue Lights at the Memory Round Up Crop and you can bet they are gonna be good!
Thursday, October 22, 2009
1. Tell us a little about yourself, where you live. I am originally from Scottsbluff, Nebraska. I now reside in Iola, Kansas. I have been married for over 26 years to my hubby who is a pastor and have two sons ages 14 and 9.
2. Tell us a little about your business. I met Shannon because of my in-laws. They used to buy me gift certificates when she ran the scrapping store. I started attending her events as much as possible and started teaching classes for K.I.S.S. last year.
3. What three things can you NOT scrap without? My Cricut is quickly becoming a must-have for my time when I scrap. I also need ribbon and stickles and many colors of fluid chalk pads!!
4. Where do you draw inspiration from? Magazines and scrapbooking message boards on the Internet
5. What three things do you usually have/do when scrapping that aren’t scrap related? Watch a movie on Netflix and eat chocolate and boot my kids off the computer so I can use it!!
6. Complete the sentence… I am addicted to: Stickles
7. My most embarrassing moment was: Stepping out of the car after sleeping in the back seat during a very rainy camping trip. I then proceeded to slide down the muddy river bank on my rear end.
9. My favorite scrapbook moment was: When I give an altered item or album to someone and watch the expression on their face and see how truly grateful they are for the gift.
10. I am most proud of: my kids when they excel in school or participate in a community play. I am also proud of myself when I finish a project ON TIME!!!
If you have any questions for Nancy feel free to leave her a message here.
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Sooo...wanna know what came in today? The 2nd and 3rd place prizes for the Smile Round Up winners, one of the awesome blue lights and some of the goodies for our contests. Don't you wish you could see them.........as if!! LOL!!
The most exciting thing today and biggest relief is that the Welcome Gifts are ordered and will be shipping this week!! I'm so excited to give these to you ladies! I really think you are going to love them and I took all of your awesome suggestions into consideration when I chose the gift. REMEMBER you must register by October 25th in order to get a welcome gift. So hurry, that's only 4 days and you DON'T want to miss out on this gift!!
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
To begin, let's talk classes! We have 19 unique and fun classes being offered at Crop Hop 2010! You can choose as many classes as you'd like, either Friday or Saturday and everyone is welcome to take classes at Crop Hop 2010!
K.I.S.S. Bucks are BACK!!
It's simple, register for any of the 19 classes we are offering at the Crop Hop and you will receive K.I.S.S. Bucks to spend with any of our vendors! The more classes you take the more K.I.S.S. Bucks you earn but you must get register for classes prior to November 1st to earn K.I.S.S. Bucks!
1 Class = $1.00 K.I.S.S. Bucks
3 Classes =$4.00 K.I.S.S. Bucks
5 or more Classes = $6.00 K.I.S.S. Bucks
We've worked very hard to offer the highest quality classes and our teachers have done an outstanding job at putting together some awesome projects for you. The prices are far below those you would see at other shows and we limit our class sizes so everyone has ample space to work and our teachers can interact with all students. Most of our classes will come with complete instructions so if you can't attend a class you can pick up a class pack. Projects range from complete albums jammed packed with products and techniques to awesome altered projects that make wonderful Christmas gifts to page layouts for everyone! There is a class for everyone and every level!
Registration will close for all classes on November 1st so that our teachers can prepare their class kits. Some but not all classes will offer on-site sales so if you are truly interested in a class you will need to register prior to November 1st.
You can register by clicking this link: K.I.S.S. Crop-n-Shop Classes
Here's how it works: You complete the Secret Sister form that can be found here, http://www.kisscropnshop.com/SecretSister.pdf. Email it to email@example.com by October 31st! On November 1st you will get an email with your sisters completed sheet. You should NOT contact your sister prior to the event nor tell anyone who you have. In fact, I don't even know who you get cause I like to play along to so I will have my hubby pair us up and take care of the matching and emailing for us.
As a Secret Sister you get to spoil your Sister for the entire Memory Round Up Crop. You will bring in her gift(s) in wrapped packages with her name on them and the time/day you want the package delivered. There will be a special Secret Sister area for this or you can give goodies to any of my helpers. We will make sure they are delivered as specified and that your sister doesn't find out ahead of time who you are. It's alot of fun if you give several smaller gifts during the weekend then one larger "reveal" gift at the Sister Meeting to be held Saturday evening.
Some ideas of gifts: your sisters favorite candy bar tied with a fun scrapbook ribbon, a bag full of her favorite color of embellishments from your stash, a homemade card with a little goodie. What about a few sheets of paper that would work for a project she's told you about, some seasonal post-it notes, a Christmas ornament, the list could go on and on!! It can be lots of fun and not cost much. In fact, the minimum amount to spend on your sister is $5.00 and the maximum is $15.00. Just keep in mind, what you give should be what you would like to get!
The Sister Meeting will be held at 6:00pm on Saturday. You will want to have one gift that you've marked reveal and delivered to the Secret Sister table prior to 5:30pm Saturday. This gift should be your larger gift of the weekend. It could be a handmade item, one item or several items. Just make it fun!!
Anyone and everyone can participate, from croppers to vendors and teachers!! Sign up today by filling out this form, http://www.kisscropnshop.com/SecretSister.pdf and emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Be sure to get signed up for the classes you'd like to attend, we will be closing registration for classes on November 1st and many teachers will not be be offering on-site sales of their class tickets. You don't want to miss any of our awesome classes, they are truly the best in the area and value packed with materials and ideas!!
Let's get to know a little more about Kristy...
1. Tell us a little about yourself. I’m Kristy Dowlin. I’ve been married for 6 years to my wonderful husband Rob. I have to grown stepchildren and someday soon hope to hear that there’s a grand baby on the way. Rob and I have 2 fur kids at home that keep us in stitches with all of their funny antics.
2. Tell us a little about your business. I started my business almost 2 years ago when the company that I worked for went out of business. It was wintertime and I decided that I really wanted to have a job that I could do at home in my jammies. I had been scrapping for about 8 years at the time and had been asked numerous times to make scrapbooks for my friends and coworkers. So I decided to take the plunge and opened Kristy’s Custom Creations. I design premade layouts and page kits. I also make puppy albums for a couple of friends that raise puppies. Kim Kardashian and Vice President Biden’s brother are among some that have received my puppy albums. I’ll be teaching 2 card classes this year at KISS. This is somewhat new to me and I am very excited to do it.
3. What three things can you NOT scrap without? I absolutely have to have my fine point scissors, Bazzill cardstock, and a VersaMark stamp.
4. Where do you draw inspiration from? I am constantly looking at billboards, magazine advertisements, logos, and things like that for design inspiration. Although, I must admit that most of my page kit designs come from a dream that I’ve had or are thought up while I’m in the shower.
5. If you weren’t a scrapbook business owner what would you be? My background is business administration so I’m sure I’d be sitting behind a desk somewhere doing the 9 to 5 thang.
6. What three things do you usually have/do when scrapping that aren’t scrap related? I must have a cold glass of ginger ale, the company of my dog Lilly (she’s my supervisor) and most likely the sound of the tv. 7. Complete the sentence… I am addicted to: honestly, the only thing that comes to mind is FaceBook. Lol.
8. My most embarrassing moment was: that’s classified, if I shared it with you I’m pretty sure the FBI would come knocking on your door looking for answers, so I better keep that one to myself.
9. My favorite scrapbook moment was: when I found out that Kim Kardashian was getting one of my puppy albums.
10. I am most proud of: being brave enough to open my own business. I have met some incredible women at the crops I’ve been to. I’ve learned so much and wouldn’t trade this experience for anything in the world.
So you now know, we have the makings of The Scrapper of the Stars amongst us. I don't know about you but I'm getting Kristy's autograph so I can say "I knew her when...."
Saturday, October 17, 2009
We are down to 26 days and the excitement is building! Tonight we want to introduce you to another new vendor to K.I.S.S. Crop-n-Shop Events. Be sure to check out her special at the end of her interview!
1. Tell us a little about yourself. I’m Abi Almandinger and I married for love to get my last name! I live in Carthage, Missouri with my fabulous family: My husband Travis (who does ALL the cooking and grocery shopping, no I’m not kidding! I haven’t cooked in 15 years!), my 5 year old daughter, Charlie, and my 3 year old son, Hank.
2. Tell us a little about your business. I’ve been a CM consultant for 11 ½ years and LOVE it! We are a home based, direct sales company, primarily known for our traditional product line, but have sense dominated the digital world with two amazing software programs that are awesome and make scrapbooking SO easy. I work out of my home in Carthage and you should definitely come and check out our new power palettes, i.e. updated and trendy papers, stickers, and now paper flowers, buttons and ribbons!
3. What three things can you NOT scrap without? I can’t live without a fine-tip black pen (you’ve GOT to add the stories!), my Memory Manager program that keeps all my photos chronologically and my 12’ Rotary Trimmer.
4. Where do you draw inspiration from? I wasn’t given the creative gene, so I draw inspiration from the CM Idea Books, or our catalog!
5. If you weren’t a scrapbook business owner what would you be? A translator. I speak Spanish and love to help people who are unsure of their environment and what could be happening to them.
6. What three things do you usually have/do when scrapping that aren’t scrap related? definitely music and soda
7. Complete the sentence… I am addicted to: Traveling and my iPhone!
8. My most embarrassing moment was: I don’t really get too embarrassed and am pretty adventurous. I’ll try anything!
9. My favorite scrapbook moment was: Completing my wedding album (I had just started scrapbooking) and knowing this would be something I would do forever.
10. I am most proud of: My children being bilingual and also becoming a Unit Leader and being in the top 5% of my company.
Be sure to check out Abi's, Latest and Greatest with CM class to be held on Friday and Saturday. As a bonus for taking class with Abi you will get a 20% discount off your purchase of a full power palette or a collection.
Special Note from Abi: In addition, for anyone who comes by my booth and schedules a show in December, they will receive a 40% rebate on their entire purchase over the weekend.
Friday, October 16, 2009
Thursday, October 15, 2009
Now let's talk talent! For those that have attended a K.I.S.S. Crop before you know we have a very talented and CRAZY group of ladies, some that are willing to put on the famous K.I.S.S. ScrapperEntertainment Show on Saturday night. This is the cheapest (FREE), most entertaining (your sides will hurt for days), talent packed (well, we do give them credit for doing it!) show you will ever witness!
Some acts from a past show when we were at the John Q. Hammons Center
Do you recognize any of these crazy ladies?
Why would they do this? The sheer fun of it, the coveted K.I.S.S. Lip Trophy and the PRIZES!! We gave over $800.00 in prizes last year to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd places as well as consolation prizes to all that participated. So what are you waiting on? Email us at email@example.com to get your group signed up.
- Must notify K.I.S.S. prior to November 1st if you are planning to participate
- Only 4 prizes are given per group, if group is larger than 4 members you will need to decide how to divide up prizes
- You can sing, dance, make a skit, pretty much anything. No rules or limits here but remember we are scrapbookers and we are doing a rodeo theme, judges will not limit it however
- Judges decisions are final, no paying them off
- Must be able to perform act during our ScrapperEntertainment Show on Saturday evening
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
1. Tell us a little about yourself. I have lived in Springfield Mo Since I was 3. I am married and just celebrated my 21st wedding anniversary at Walt Disney World with my husband Tim and my 8 year old Evan. I am the youngest daughter (of 4 girls) of a creative woman who started me crafting at an early age which led me to scrapbooking.
2.What will you be sharing with us at K.I.S.S. Events? I am teaching 4 classes at KISS. (3-D Christmas Flowers, Happy Camper Mini Album, Have a Holly Jolly Christmas and Wanted Dead or Alive) I love to share with people not only a project but ideas. I also learn a great deal from this. I think my projects are clever and well thought out. I try to follow the trends but also add my flair to them. They are sophisticated enough for the advanced scrapbooker, but also easy enough for a beginner.
3 .What three things can you NOT scrap without? Good scissors, mono glue and cardstock… with these three items you can make an entire layout.
4. Where do you draw inspiration from? All over… I use the Internet, magazines, store ads and life.
5. If you weren’t a scrapbook business owner what would you be? Well, I am an independent contractor with Company sponsorship, so that is Pretty good.
6. What three things do you usually have/do when scrapping that aren’t scrap related?
Have a big drink, something good to listen to (tv or talk) and enjoy my time away from the real world!
7. Complete the sentence… I am addicted to: PAPER… I see myself laying it out and rolling on it like money…BUT I would not want to wrinkle it!!!
8. My most embarrassing moment was: Oh Gracious, which time…
9. My favorite scrapbook moment was: Oh I don’t know… they are all my favorite scrapbook moments.
10. I am most proud of: The success I have had and the end result that I have made a lot of GREAT friends due to scrapbooking.
If you have questions for Darby about any of her classes feel free to post here. We'll make sure you get the answers you need. Now hurry, get over and sign up for Darby's classes and while there be sure to check out all the fantastic classes we have available. We work very hard to present classes that we fill are a great value and amazing quality. Only the best for K.I.S.S. Cowpokes, right!
**Note**Pre-registration is highly recommended as many classes will not be offering on-site sales!!!
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
To begin we've sent some questions to our vendors and teachers. Tonight we'd like to introduce to you Angela Blomberg of Dandelion Pages. Angela is a new vendor to K.I.S.S. Scrapbooks however she's no stranger. To those that went on the Kansas City bus trip a couple of years ago you may remember Angela. She had setup a trunk show for us at a local store as A Design Intervention. She's changed her company name but her talents are still the same, amazing! Read Angela's interview and feel free to leave questions for her.
1. Tell us a little about yourself:. My name is Angela Blomberg. I am married with a daughter and a son, both in college. Our family lives in Blue Springs, MO.
2. Tell us a little about your business. My business is Dandelion Pages (formerly known as A Design Intervention). I have been an on-line page kit company for three years. I started my own company after working at two different scrapbooking stores in the KC area. We specialize in two page scrapbook layout kits. My class (Merry and Bright Mini Album) is a mini album which is my favorite project to teach in a class. I try to bring several different techniques to each class I teach. My booth will be full of great page kits as well as individual items from JilliBean Soup, and Bella Blvd. Everyone will want to check out our Maya Mist, a great mist that completely covers chipboard pieces. We will use it in our class as well.
3. What three things can you NOT scrap without? I find that I use pop-dots, Chestnut Roan Cat’s Eye ink and patterned paper in almost every project! I LOVE patterned paper and rarely use solid paper. I like my projects to have a lot of dimension (therefore the pop-dots) and the ink adds definition as well.
4. Where do you draw inspiration from? I feel that I am a product based creator. I usually find patterned paper that I love and start from there. I try to pay attention to signs and graphic elements outside the scrapbooking world to draw ideas from as well.
5. If you weren’t a scrapbook business owner what would you be? I think I would be crazy! I was a stay at home mom before I got into the business side of scrapbooking and now that my children are off to college, I don’t know what I would do to keep busy.
6. What three things do you usually have/do when scrapping that aren’t scrap related? Really just two: a Starbucks latte and my dog who is constantly underfoot and dying to chew on any scrap of chipboard I drop! I don’t listen to music or t.v. I like the quiet.
7. Complete the sentence… I am addicted to: the beach! In fact I am headed to a tropical island the week before the crop. So I’ll be relaxed & tan when you see me.
8. My most embarrassing moment was: Well, we won’t go there…
Angela will only be able to be with us on Friday, November 13th so don't delay in checking out her booth, Dandelion Pages.
She will also be teaching one class on Friday, November 13th from 10:00am-noon. Merry and Bright Mini Album - You will make an incredible 9 x 9 mini album made of fabric and chipboard. In the class, participants will experiment with Maya Mists, masks, and acrylic stamps. The album will be decorated with lots of patterned papers, and the latest adornments including unique, custom made embellishments exclusively from Dandelion Pages. Register for her class today, Merry and Bright Mini Album.
Friday, October 2, 2009
Saturday, Oct. 3 is National Card Making Day (yes, you non-crafters there is such a day!) I'm issuing a challenge to ALL of you.... in honor of our card drive for terminally ill children. If I could get ALL those reading this to do ONE of the following this weekend.
*Make at least one handmade card
*Buy a book of first class stamps
*Sign up to be a Scrappin' Angel
We could light up the faces of hundreds of terminally ill children. Who's up for the challenge? You don't have to be crafty to help, just have to love children and want to help!!You can read about our cause here, http://kisscropnshop.com/?page_id=39