Scrapbook Kit Club Scrapbook Events Scrapbook BlogScrapbook Supplies
Scrapbook Kit Club, Scrapbook Events Scrapbook Kit Club, Scrapbook Charity Events
FAQ | Service Project | Policies | Contact

Sunday, October 18, 2009

She's Baaaaack............

We are very excited to have Kristy of Kristy's Custom Creations returning for her 2nd year with K.I.S.S. Crop-n-Shop Events and even more excited to announce she will be sharing her creative talents with us by teaching two card classes. Christmas Card Creations on Friday and All Occasion Card Creations on Saturday.

Be sure to get signed up for the classes you'd like to attend, we will be closing registration for classes on November 1st and many teachers will not be be offering on-site sales of their class tickets. You don't want to miss any of our awesome classes, they are truly the best in the area and value packed with materials and ideas!!

Let's get to know a little more about Kristy...

1. Tell us a little about yourself. I’m Kristy Dowlin. I’ve been married for 6 years to my wonderful husband Rob. I have to grown stepchildren and someday soon hope to hear that there’s a grand baby on the way. Rob and I have 2 fur kids at home that keep us in stitches with all of their funny antics.

2. Tell us a little about your business. I started my business almost 2 years ago when the company that I worked for went out of business. It was wintertime and I decided that I really wanted to have a job that I could do at home in my jammies. I had been scrapping for about 8 years at the time and had been asked numerous times to make scrapbooks for my friends and coworkers. So I decided to take the plunge and opened Kristy’s Custom Creations. I design premade layouts and page kits. I also make puppy albums for a couple of friends that raise puppies. Kim Kardashian and Vice President Biden’s brother are among some that have received my puppy albums. I’ll be teaching 2 card classes this year at KISS. This is somewhat new to me and I am very excited to do it.

3. What three things can you NOT scrap without? I absolutely have to have my fine point scissors, Bazzill cardstock, and a VersaMark stamp.

4. Where do you draw inspiration from? I am constantly looking at billboards, magazine advertisements, logos, and things like that for design inspiration. Although, I must admit that most of my page kit designs come from a dream that I’ve had or are thought up while I’m in the shower.

5. If you weren’t a scrapbook business owner what would you be? My background is business administration so I’m sure I’d be sitting behind a desk somewhere doing the 9 to 5 thang.

6. What three things do you usually have/do when scrapping that aren’t scrap related? I must have a cold glass of ginger ale, the company of my dog Lilly (she’s my supervisor) and most likely the sound of the tv. 7. Complete the sentence… I am addicted to: honestly, the only thing that comes to mind is FaceBook. Lol.

8. My most embarrassing moment was: that’s classified, if I shared it with you I’m pretty sure the FBI would come knocking on your door looking for answers, so I better keep that one to myself.

9. My favorite scrapbook moment was: when I found out that Kim Kardashian was getting one of my puppy albums.

10. I am most proud of: being brave enough to open my own business. I have met some incredible women at the crops I’ve been to. I’ve learned so much and wouldn’t trade this experience for anything in the world.

So you now know, we have the makings of The Scrapper of the Stars amongst us. I don't know about you but I'm getting Kristy's autograph so I can say "I knew her when...."

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Wow! Scrapping for a celebrity? That's awesome! I need to get to know her. I would love to leave my desk job to scrapbook in my jammies for celebrities!

Diana Martin said...

I totally agree Carrie! Except, I'm not motivated when I stay in my jammies. That would definitley be a problem.