Friday, November 5, 2010
Thursday, November 4, 2010
1. Introduce yourself and your company. We are 2Katie designs, your source for funky, fresh and fabulous projects, scrapbooking class instruction & kits. It's really a different kind of scrapbooking experience! Many people refer to us as " T n T" ( Tennis and Tillman) or " The other Katie". 2Katie Designs is made up of Katie Tennis and Katie Tillman, ( we even share the same middle name. Seriously we are not kidding, ask us about it in one of our classes). Katie Tennis yes it's Tennis like the game) is the homeroom Mom we all love to hate. Everything she does is homemade, cute and supremely creative. Her scrapbooking style is fun and fresh. Katie Tillman is the modern Martha with talent in all area's of craftiness minus the kitchen, (she burns everything, even water!!) Tillman has a unique scrapbooking style that incorporates the use of her favorite techniques and products along with stunning multiple photo layouts.
At times Tillman makes Tennis a bit nervous because she can be some what of a loose cannon. In other words Tennis is the "Oprah" in the friendship and Tillman is "Gail." We are the best of friends and wouldn't want to be on this journey with anyone else."
2. How did you get started with your business? We’ve scrapped together for 8+ years and we often sat around and talked about starting a scrapbooking business, but never really did anything but talk about it. Until this past May we decided to "Go for it" and thus 2Katie designs was born. We have grown so much in the past 6 months, we can’t wait to see where we are a year from now!
3. What’s the biggest challenge and also the biggest reward you’ve gotten out of your business? Our biggest challenge has been keeping up with designing! Our customers want MORE, MORE, MORE and we are scrappin’ just as fast as we can to bring new kits to market. It is so rewarding to see kits fly of the shelves and customers wanting MORE of our original designs.
4. What is your favorite creation you’ve made and what made it so special? Probably the item that started 2 Katie Designs will always be near & dear to our hearts – it’s a 6x6 Mini album about Motherhood (another area close to our hearts). It was our first time collaborating, making kits & teaching together!
5. If you could meet anyone, who would it be and why? If we could meet anyone it would be the ladies of the " House of 3" scrapbooking company. These 3 ladies "spark" our creativity with everything they do. Their idea's and projects will knock your socks off. They not only do scrapbooking projects but projects that you can incorporate into the decor of your home which is totally our style.
6. What three things do you use the most when scrapbooking?
• Versatile for layering and all page themed. Plus they look pretty in jars on a shelf in our scrapbook room
• It’s kinda like the saying “tan fat looks better than white fat” a scrapbook page just looks better with sparkle
• Just like sprinkles on a cupcake, a page isn’t the same without them. Use them on stickers to add dimension or use them to add sparkle to any patterned paper
7. Complete the sentence, we are all things Funky, Fresh and Fabulous!!!!
8. Our favorite colors to decorate our studio are the Grey and Teal colors you see in our logo. We love all vintage things or anything we can "repurpose" to use in our scrapbook area but sometimes it's whatever the "flavor" of the moment might be.
9. My favorite picture of all time is us in our "Paper Ho" shirts (shout out to Two Chicks Designs) because seriously if you wear this shirt to anything but a scrapbooking thing no one knows what it means and all you get is these strange looks. We know that someday we are going to end up on that "People of Wal-Mart website”.
10. We are most excited about sharing our idea's of using nontraditional scrapbooking items in your scrapbooks with you at K.I.S.S. Scrapbooks. We know after experiencing our class style and page kits you will be a forever customer!
Monday, November 1, 2010
1. Introduce yourself and your company. My name is Debbie and I have been in business since 2001. When I started I felt like I had a little of this and a little of that so hence the name This n That for Memories
2. How did you get started with your business? I went to a scrapbook party and was hooked from then on!
3. What’s the biggest challenge and also the biggest reward you’ve gotten out of your business? My biggest challenge was trying to run a retail store by myself and continue to work a full time job doing something else. My biggest reward is being able to do the thing I love... SCRAPBOOK
4. What is your favorite creation you’ve made and what made it so special? My grandkids books are all special to me!
5. What three things do you use the most when scrapbooking? My cutter, paper and embellishments.
6. Complete the sentence, I am resourceful
7. My favorite colors to decorate my home are browns to use in my scrapbook are all colors
8. My favorite picture of all time is all my grandkids
9. I am most excited about sharing with you at K.I.S.S. Scrapbooks any help I can give gives me pleasure.