Scrapbook Kit Club Scrapbook Events Scrapbook BlogScrapbook Supplies
Scrapbook Kit Club, Scrapbook Events Scrapbook Kit Club, Scrapbook Charity Events
FAQ | Service Project | Policies | Contact

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Memory Round Up Countdown - Day 30

We are counting down the days..... 30 until November 13th!!

Each day from now until November 13th we'll add a post here and a link on Facebook. You don't want to miss a single one, some may have specials that are good for that day only, some may have important messages from vendors and some may be totally for fun!!

To begin we've sent some questions to our vendors and teachers. Tonight we'd like to introduce to you Angela Blomberg of Dandelion Pages. Angela is a new vendor to K.I.S.S. Scrapbooks however she's no stranger. To those that went on the Kansas City bus trip a couple of years ago you may remember Angela. She had setup a trunk show for us at a local store as A Design Intervention. She's changed her company name but her talents are still the same, amazing! Read Angela's interview and feel free to leave questions for her.

1. Tell us a little about yourself:. My name is Angela Blomberg. I am married with a daughter and a son, both in college. Our family lives in Blue Springs, MO.

2. Tell us a little about your business. My business is Dandelion Pages (formerly known as A Design Intervention). I have been an on-line page kit company for three years. I started my own company after working at two different scrapbooking stores in the KC area. We specialize in two page scrapbook layout kits. My class (Merry and Bright Mini Album) is a mini album which is my favorite project to teach in a class. I try to bring several different techniques to each class I teach. My booth will be full of great page kits as well as individual items from JilliBean Soup, and Bella Blvd. Everyone will want to check out our Maya Mist, a great mist that completely covers chipboard pieces. We will use it in our class as well.

3. What three things can you NOT scrap without? I find that I use pop-dots, Chestnut Roan Cat’s Eye ink and patterned paper in almost every project! I LOVE patterned paper and rarely use solid paper. I like my projects to have a lot of dimension (therefore the pop-dots) and the ink adds definition as well.

4. Where do you draw inspiration from? I feel that I am a product based creator. I usually find patterned paper that I love and start from there. I try to pay attention to signs and graphic elements outside the scrapbooking world to draw ideas from as well.

5. If you weren’t a scrapbook business owner what would you be? I think I would be crazy! I was a stay at home mom before I got into the business side of scrapbooking and now that my children are off to college, I don’t know what I would do to keep busy.

6. What three things do you usually have/do when scrapping that aren’t scrap related? Really just two: a Starbucks latte and my dog who is constantly underfoot and dying to chew on any scrap of chipboard I drop! I don’t listen to music or t.v. I like the quiet.

7. Complete the sentence… I am addicted to: the beach! In fact I am headed to a tropical island the week before the crop. So I’ll be relaxed & tan when you see me.

8. My most embarrassing moment was: Well, we won’t go there…


9. My favorite scrapbook moment was: When I discovered scrapbooking and was excited to find a creative outlet.


10. I am most proud of: My children.

Angela will only be able to be with us on Friday, November 13th so don't delay in checking out her booth, Dandelion Pages.

She will also be teaching one class on Friday, November 13th from 10:00am-noon. Merry and Bright Mini Album - You will make an incredible 9 x 9 mini album made of fabric and chipboard. In the class, participants will experiment with Maya Mists, masks, and acrylic stamps. The album will be decorated with lots of patterned papers, and the latest adornments including unique, custom made embellishments exclusively from Dandelion Pages. Register for her class today, Merry and Bright Mini Album.

No comments: