Scrapbook Kit Club Scrapbook Events Scrapbook BlogScrapbook Supplies
Scrapbook Kit Club, Scrapbook Events Scrapbook Kit Club, Scrapbook Charity Events
FAQ | Service Project | Policies | Contact

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Emma says the winner is....

Myra!! Emma's going to be upset when Christmas is over and she doesn't get to draw names anymore.

I was surprised today when I opened the mailbox and got several cards from friends I hadn't heard from in some time. Love the pictures, the notes, the letters that come in the cards. Now I have to admit, I didn't get any cards sent out this year at all. Bought them (gasp! Yes, I bought cards and didn't make them) and they are sitting on the cabinet. Some are written in but most are not and none are mailed!! Perhaps I'll mail them after Christmas. I always have great intentions to get cards out but it rarely happens. I have an awful time getting out Christmas cards but do send cards many times during the year for all occasions.

So let's hear what you do. Do you make or buy cards? Do you mail them or do they sit like mine? Do you sign your name or write notes or letters? Do you include photos? How do you display the cards you've received? Post by 10:00 tomorrow night to be entered into the drawing!!

Have a great Sunday!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got about 20 cards out this year, which is good for me - last year I had good intentions, but none mailed. I sometimes make cards, but not this year. I love getting cards, but am lazy about getting them out! I have a card holder I use and love to see them fill it up.

I'm not against sending cards out late - and those who know me typically aren't surprised. With my line of work (professional fundraising) the end of the year is the busiest time of all.

Terri

Andrea said...

I love sending out cards for Christmas. I have made them for the last 2 or 3 years and it is very time consuming, but I love the personal touch. I also write a family update newsletter and include photos on the letter. I tuck this inside the card and send out tons of them. Before I started making cards, I would send out photo cards, which I also love. My family loves to get Christmas cards. We tape them up on the frame of out living room door. It is nearly covered and looks so festive!

Carol said...

Carol Says I make my Christmas cards. I also try to include a picture of Joshua. This year Joshuas Has reindeer antlers on & so does his 5 month old Boxer puppy. I am usually late with my Christmas cards to relatives out of town. We tape our cards up over the doorway to the kitchen.

Myra said...

Thank you Emma!!

I make all my cards, usually all the same design. I just sign them, never do the long letters,no photo's, my relatives and friend dont care what i've been up to all year LOL I mail them out the first part of December. To display the one's I get I have a "tree" that sits on the table and the cards slip into slots to fill out the tree. I send out about 30 and usually receive back just as many, minus one or two. I always make a few extra's in case someone sends one that I wasnt expecting. I added a new friend to my list this year that lives in Portugal, pretty cool to receive a card from there.

Anonymous said...

Okay, you girls are all better then me. I don't have the time or the energy to make them. So, I buy mine. Unfortunately, this year I haven't gotten all of them out yet. I'm bad! I hope to finish them this weekend, so at least they MIGHT get them this week.

Anonymous said...

I always mail out cards every year around fifty or so But this year with so much happening in my personnel life the cards are all made and stacked at the corner of my craft table :( I did send E cards to my online friends , but still send handmade ones as well . I have Jewish and East Indian friends so most of my cards say Happy Holidays I guess I could still mail them before new Years . Next Year at NOV. CROP I plan to have all my cards made and addressed and will drop them in the mail Dec. 1st. :)

Carol said...

I hand make my Christmas cards every year, about 60 of them. I love to send them in the clear envelopes so they feel like a gift. Love that touch! They are sent early and the best part is when I receive Christmas cards back, most everyone writes that they love them and enjoy the surprise of what my design will be each year.

Anonymous said...

We make the usual family newletter. I try to keep it to 1 page in length. (I have friends who send letters that are pages and pages long!) I always try to include pictures of my kids one way or another. I sometimes drop in their school pictures, this year I actually had cards made with their pictures. They turned out really nice, but I only have half of them sent so far.!!

Sara Russell said...

I love making my Christmas cards to send. I send a picture of the family in each card. This year with everything else going on the card making was more of a chore. I hope to get more of a head start next year so that I won't feel that way again. We'll see if I can follow through on that or not.
Sara