Scrapbook Kit Club Scrapbook Events Scrapbook BlogScrapbook Supplies
Scrapbook Kit Club, Scrapbook Events Scrapbook Kit Club, Scrapbook Charity Events
FAQ | Service Project | Policies | Contact

Monday, December 17, 2007

Are you a peeker, a shaker, an I don't wanna know girl?

Let's talk about presents today!! Not what we want or what we are giving BUT...........do you peek, do you shake? C'mon be honest!! You've never peeked at any gift ever?

My sister and I would sneak in and very, very carefully peel back the corners of our presents just enough to show what was inside, quickly wrap them back and act so surprised when it came time to open the gifts. One year we even found the entire stash before it was wrapped, now that sure made peeking easier!! I don't peek anymore unless I think I'm getting something really good from my mom. I may try to find out before then!!
We do allow shaking and quessing in the house. It's just too fun not too! They guess some funny things and are usually tricked by the packaging! I'm trying to prevent eeking around here so we have a rule if they find out what it is, it goes back and isn't replaced. Isn't it fun to get to be the mean mom????????? :-) My entire family is known for hiding tiny presents in HUGE boxes or putting joke items in the box or even better wrapping a series of boxes only for them to be empty with the present waiting in the background!!

Any funny stories you want to share with us? Share today by posting on the blog by 10:00pm today and you'll be entered into a fun drawing for a free present of your own!!

Remember the rules, the same person may only win five times between now and Christmas day. All prizes will be mailed after Christmas so you can play with them in the New Year. It's that easy so come out and play!!!

The winner of yesterday's traditions post is: Liz! Congratulations Liz and just for sharing a little about your Christmas traditions you'll be getting a goody bag of Scrapworks tailored tabs to play with! Be sure to email me at info@kisscropnshop.com with your mailing address.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a child my older sister would open all the gifts and tell me what was in them. Even MY gifts. I would tell her not too, as it ruined Christmas for me.

So, I don't peek, I may shake but that would be about it.

My kids on the other hand find it most fun to try and find out what is in their gifts - so I have to try and keep it from them - even if they do peek so that they won't know what it really is.

Anonymous said...

THANKS, THANKS, THANKS!!!!!!!

Man, I am the ultimate peeker, I shake, I palpate, I am like a blind person doing braile, and I am almost always wrong. However, now my husband and kids wrap my stuff in a big box, with weights and nails and anything to make it hard to guess, they also usually wrap it again within that big box, so needless to say, I don't do it anymore. Although, maybe this year I will trick them and unwrap that big box really sloppily and let them think I peeked!!! Liz

Andrea said...

I'm a don't wanna know girl. I accidentally saw my parents putting gifts under the tree one night on Christmas eve. Since then, I cherish the mystery!
Our family is known for wrapping a photo of the gift, especially if the item hasn't arrived yet! That can really trick the recipient, as that box is usually much smaller than the actual item! We also allow shaking and guessing, but I'm loving the rule that if they peek, the gift goes back. Don't know if I could follow through on that one, though. :)

Andrea said...

I'm a don't wanna know girl. I accidentally saw my parents putting gifts under the tree one night on Christmas eve. Since then, I cherish the mystery!
Our family is known for wrapping a photo of the gift, especially if the item hasn't arrived yet! That can really trick the recipient, as that box is usually much smaller than the actual item! We also allow shaking and guessing, but I'm loving the rule that if they peek, the gift goes back. Don't know if I could follow through on that one, though. :)

Anonymous said...

I like the mystery - I may do a little shaking - just to tease the girls. My husband loves to shake a lot and guess especially what is under the tree from the girls.

Myra said...

I used to be real bad about peeking in my younger years.. I too would peel back the corners and look then tape them back and act surprised... now that I'm older I like to wait. Especially since I dont get very many presents. I'm much more into giving than receiving now.

Carol said...

I'm a shaker. Always have been. But one time, that was a huge mistake! As a young girl, my grandmother had given me a tiny box. The tradition at that time was to have our grand Christmas dinner first, and then we could open the gifts. So naturally, I grabbed the little box and kept shaking it repeatedly during the dinner preparation to try to guess the contents. Grandma hit the roof once I opened it because the beautiful watch inside was shattered! Oops! Boy did I get in trouble.

Sara Russell said...

I peeked one time and got caught! That was enough for me not to want to do it again. It's much better when it's a surprise any way.
Now my husband on the other hand is a guesser, shaker and peeker any chance he gets. He takes all the fun out of seeing his reaction to the surprise. Sara

Jan said...

Oh my goodness, I wanna know so My Hubby has to hide hide hide all the gifts to me!!

When I was little my brother and I would shake, peel back tape, squeeze. He always knew when he was getting socks or legos.
One year I wanted a bride doll and kept looking for her, well Christmas came and went and I didnt get her. But my mom and I were cleaning out her closet on day in Feb. and there she was!! LOL My mom forgot about getting her for me. She was shocked also!! I was very happy!!

Sandra @ The Memory Workshop said...

I peeked one year. It made the whole unwrapping experience a real drag. Never peeked again!!

My kids are 'shakers' but I don't think they are 'peekers'...in fact my 7yo dd ran from my bedroom when she *thought* she accidentally saw some gifts...she didn't want to know! (they weren't for her)

Anonymous said...

I don't want to know - I love a surpries! Any surprise! I am married to a shaker -who after shaking once, usually figures it out. I have to be a careful wrapper! My boys take after their Dad and are shakers too.

Growing up I didn't peek either! My brothers got caught a couple of times.

Carol said...

Carol says I remember when my little brother turned 12 he was old enough for his first gun to go hunting. My mom worked for a florist so she got one of the long boxes flowers camein & hid the gun in it. Then she put a tag addressed to herself on it. Come Christmas morning Jeff my brother was so disappointed but was trying to hide it & look cool. When all the presents were opened except the long one so mom told him to look at it & boy was he surprised.

Anonymous said...

I like to shake my presents. I really love purses and used to have quite the collection. I can almost always detect the rattle of a handbag.

Anonymous said...

I like the surprise so I never peek .It seems like Christmas does not last long enough and if I know what all of my gifts are it seems like Christmas is over .