Scrapbook Kit Club Scrapbook Events Scrapbook BlogScrapbook Supplies
Scrapbook Kit Club, Scrapbook Events Scrapbook Kit Club, Scrapbook Charity Events
FAQ | Service Project | Policies | Contact

Saturday, December 15, 2007

And the winner is......

Carol Raben!! Congratulations Carol and thanks to all that shared about their Christmas decorating. It's always fun to see what others do. I can't wait to see what Carol is going to do with her custom Santa word book!!!

No one in this house is feeling well so we are going to make it easy tonight. Let's talk about family traditions. Either ones that have passed down through generations, new ones you've started or something you'd like to start. I'll share some of ours tomorrow, for now I'm going to bed. Hoping to shake this yuck off before class tomorrow!

Goodnight and have fun sharing. We'll draw from those that share their traditions by 5:00pm tomorrow. Be sure to post them here so we can all get to know each other a bit better!!!

7 comments:

Myra said...

We really only had one tradition that we followed each year for Christmas, and that was to put up the Christmas tree on my birthday (Dec 15th). My parents are both gone now but I still keep the tradition going.

Anonymous said...

Carol says that our family tradition is to get together to make christmas candy, Bukeyes & peanut clusters. We also make molassess cookies. My brother, myself, Dennis, my dad & joshua This year my Uncle Jerry who lives with my dad joined us. My mother started this tradition & I have kept on doing it.

Anonymous said...

We always have my mom come over on Christmas eve and have her stay all night so she will be here to watch our boys excitement on Christmas morning. Then we fix breakfast after we open our gifts. Liz

Anonymous said...

Getting a real Christmas tree, making Jeff's favorite cut-out cookies, hanging candy canes on the tree, getting a new ornament. Then breakfast at 7:00 on Christmas with our family and then onto my husband's family for lunch!

Anonymous said...

Finding the pickle ornament on the tree, and making a cake for Baby Jesus would be our most consistent ones. The boys also have advent calendars that are a must each year.

wendy @licketysplitscrapbooks said...

We back cookies - lots of cookies. Or rather I should say, we eat more of the icing than decorate. It started out with just me, my girls, my mother and my grandmother. Now it includes tons of neighbors and friends every year. My grandmother loves all the activity and kids covered in icing! I have enough dough to do 10 dozen cookies this year - Santa is going to eat good around our neighborhood!

Carol said...

We have 2 new traditions. The first is to watch the movie, "A Christmas Story", and the second is to make decorated rolled cookies. We invite my brother to come over and then I turn the cookie decorating over to the boys (husband-47, brother-47, son-17). You can imagine the interesting icing configurations they create on Santa and the gingerbread people! Needless to say, we can't share many of the cookies with anyone! LOL Wait! Was that too much information? LOL