Scrapbook Kit Club Scrapbook Events Scrapbook BlogScrapbook Supplies
Scrapbook Kit Club, Scrapbook Events Scrapbook Kit Club, Scrapbook Charity Events
FAQ | Service Project | Policies | Contact

Friday, December 14, 2007

Fun on day 2....

As I sit wrapping presents today I wonder how many of you are like me? Does your tree have to look just right, only certain colors, ornaments, etc go on the tree? Or do you have random ornaments, multi-colored lights, beads, feathers? Do you deck out the entire house or just hang stockings? Do you have collections of Santa's or snowmen?

I'm very picky about my tree. Nothing goes on it but the red and rustic gold ornaments, scented pinecones, poiensettas and clear lights of course. My tree is pretty rustic and makes me feel all warm and fuzzy! I just love it!! It's a fake one, pretty big and full and just soooo pretty!! (I think so anyways!!) Now my kids each have a tree in their rooms where we put all the fun little trinkets they make and get and any other ornaments we may get through the year. Anything goes with theirs!! Ohh... and I have to have matching wrapping paper! I never use the same from last year and it takes me awhile to find the perfect wrapping paper that will look just right under the tree!! I'm also pretty picky about how my boxes are wrapped. The ends have to be straight, no sloppy corners in this house! I don't put out many decorations anymore, a few Santa's that I've been given over the years but that's about it. I used to go nuts with decorating but find it's soooo much work to take it all down, that and Mr. Scrooge isn't so happy in the house with all the fru-fru stuff out!! :-) We do have co-ordinating stockings of course!

So now you know how I decorate my tree and home, let's hear about yours!! Everyone that post HERE on the blog about your tree, how you decorate your home, your wrapping paper fobias, whatever you want to share with us will be entered into today's contest. One lucky winner will get the prize of the day. You have until midnight tonight to post and a winner will be announced tomorrow.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Normally my husband (with help from the girls sometimes) puts the tree up, then he puts lights on the tree – artificial tree and multi-colored blinking lights. Then the girls and I put on the decorations. We have quite a variety of ornaments. My mom gives me a Precious Moments ornament every year for my birthday and both girls get new ornaments from her each year – Arlien (13) gets a teddy bear ornament, usually a Cherished Teddy; Tiffany (17) gets an angel. Normally all 4 of us will buy an inexpensive new ornament each year also. My husband usually gets a train or race car ornament. We definitely have more than enough ornaments!! Then I put the gingerbread decorated tree skirt under the tree and my husband puts up the Christmas train. His dad loved trains and always put all trains on the tree and under it – so we also have to have a train.

Next I drag out all the other decorations (which we haven’t done yet this year!). LOTS of snowmen!!! So far this year I’ve only put out the new stuff – green garland with red beads, new silver stocking hangars and two new snowmen.

The girls are old enough now they like to wrap presents – YEAH!!! So I’m not wrapping at midnight on Christmas eve (except Santa’s!) I would put most of it in bags to make it quick!! I used to always buy a special paper for Santa gifts. Sometimes I try to wrap each of the girls gifts in paper for just them. When I do actually wrap gifts – I’m pretty picky about the corners too!

Carol said...

The new tradition for me at Christmas which was passed down is the "special way" the ornaments have to hang when you decorate the tree. The rules are: ALL ornaments must be hung with the small ones at the top, the medium ones in the middle and the largest ones toward the bottom. Plus EVERY ornament must swing on the branch or it will be removed post haste!

My reply to all that: whoop dee do! LOL

Merry Christmas everyone!
Carol

Anonymous said...

My tree is all gold and white lights. I used to be picky, but not anymore. The boys have an extra tree in their rooms for other ornaments. I try and add at least a photo ornament of the boys each year. We also are German and hide the "pickle" ornament too.

I do have lots of snowmen around. When Christmas is over I put away the tree, put leave the snowmen up through the month of January.

I wrap in anything and everything. I just love gift bags! Santa does not wrap at this house.

Carol said...

I always have a real Fir Tree. It is decorated in all blue. From the lights to the ornaments to the icicles. I collect Annalee dolls which I display. I especially love the cooking Santas. I add at least one new doll a year. My late mother got me started collecting annalee dolls.

Anonymous said...

I am a big decorator in our house. My husband will (grudgingly)drag up our big artificial tree from the basement on Thanksgiving weekend and I will convince the kids to help me put on the ornaments, but I do most of it. There is just so much, that everyone else loses interest before I'm finished! We have a mod-podge assortment of ornaments, ranging from the kids home-made to pretty hand-blown glass angels. I love to use a roll of white gauzy ribbon and lots of beads to jazz it up, too. We have small lighted trees on our front walkway and two 3-foot potted artificial lighted trees flanking the front door, too. I love the look of all-white lights, so that is what is on all of our trees.
We have had an artificial tree for 7 Christmases, now. Since my son came home from the hospital (he was a preemie and we were afraid to take a chance on a live tree, due to his underdeveloped lungs...he is fine now, but I love our tree, so we just keep it each year).
I love to wrap gifts and will spend an entire day just wrapping and adorning with ribbons and lace. I love to use all the same paper, if I can get enough to match. If I can't find enough on clearance to save for next year, it may not match, though.
Santa doesn't wrap at our house, either. He always leaves gifts for the children on Christmas morning in their stockings and a few on the floor under the tree, near the stockings. My daughter, when she was old enough to notice, was upset that Santa left out me and my husband, so we now get gifts in our stockings, even if it is socks and underwear!
Note: I can't get an account to establish with google, so I am signing as "anonymous", but I am Andrea

Anonymous said...

This year my son helped us decorate the tree, so all of the ornaments were on the lower limbs and piled on top of each other. He wanted to know why we got our tree from Home Depot, but did turn out to be a really pretty tree. Every year we get a new ornament for our son and also for my husband and I, but we haven't picked one out yet. We also put out a wooden reindeer that my grandpa cut out for me and my grandma painted. We also have an dreamcicles nativity that my mom gave me.

Debra