Scrapbook Kit Club Scrapbook Events Scrapbook BlogScrapbook Supplies
Scrapbook Kit Club, Scrapbook Events Scrapbook Kit Club, Scrapbook Charity Events
FAQ | Service Project | Policies | Contact

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Another Scrapbook Store closes

While gone over the weekend, Creations Unlimited in Springfield closed its doors. This makes me so sad!! What do you think is the cause of so many scrapbook stores shutting their doors? Not enough product or new product, prices, customer service, etc? I'd love to have some discussions on this. Do you shop the local scrapbook stores, on-line stores or the big box chains? Those of us in the industry have seen and foresee some big changes in the near future and I'd love to see what the customer perceives.

By the way, we still have some local scrapbook stores in our area! Be sure to stop in one today and say thank you, never know when they too will have to close doors if not supported.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I,too, was sad to learn of Creations closing,first here in Joplin, then also, in Spfld. I think it is very difficult to compete with store like Michaels and Hobby Lobby, who are able to offer discounts and price reductions due to there large volume, when the smaller individually owned stores cannot do that and still make ends meet. I am sad to know there will be fewer classes and workshops to attend because of this. Also, will miss the friends made, especially here at the Joplin store.

Carol H.
Webb City, Mo

Anonymous said...

I am not sure of the reasons , I would think it is hard to compete with the larger chain stores and The prices the can offer. I find myself always in a hurry and the convenience of what ever is the closest is what I go for .
That is why I love Shannon's events I can plan them in advance,I know she will have every thing I need and they are on the weekends. I can't get away most week nights to do a class at the local scrapbook stores. So time and convenience is what I look for.

Miranda Douglas