Scrapbook Kit Club Scrapbook Events Scrapbook BlogScrapbook Supplies
Scrapbook Kit Club, Scrapbook Events Scrapbook Kit Club, Scrapbook Charity Events
FAQ | Service Project | Policies | Contact

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Meet our Vendors

Tonight, we talk with Sheri of Scrap Nook. To know Sheri is to love her and if you want to sob when looking at a page, just take a few minutes to read some of the journaling on her pages!


1. Introduce yourself and your company. Hi! My name is Sheri Beersman! I own the Scrap Nook in Bolivar, MO. The Scrap Nook is a unique scrapbooking store specializing in the new and different! Live. Love. Scrap.

2. How did you get started with your business? In 2006, I stepped out and quit my teaching job of 12 years to open my new scrapbooking store. I had no idea that it would become a catalyst for meeting the best friends of my life. When I first started, I noticed that there was very little available in the way of good customer service. We don’t just sell scrapbook supplies, we make friends and earn the business of loyal scrapbookers.

3. What’s the biggest challenge and also the biggest reward you’ve gotten out of your business? The biggest challenge is finding good classes and interesting projects that more than just me will like! The biggest reward is helping people find the perfect thing for their special pictures. When you are helping people to create their pages and projects, you have to keep in mind that you are working with their most precious memories. Plus it’s just FUN!

4. What is your favorite creation you’ve made and what made it so special? Lately, I have made a really cool recipe box for one of my friends. I found recipes that were from my family and shared them with her. I used Graphic 45’s Domestic Goddess paper and Tim Holtz Foundations and Curio Knobs.

5. If you could meet anyone, who would it be and why? A few years ago, I would have chosen differently, but now, I think I can say that I would like to meet my best friends for dinner. These ladies have poured the best of themselves into me over the years...I wouldn’t be able to look myself in the mirror if it weren’t for their support.

6. What three things do you use the most when scrapbooking? My Tim Holtz Scissors....my trimmer....my Distress inking tool

7. Complete the sentence, I am CREATIVE and FRIENDLY!

8. My favorite colors to decorate my home are GREEN AND RED and to use in my scrapbook are EVERYTHING—I love all colors and nothing is off limits for me.

9. My favorite picture of all time is one of my Grandpa when he was in the army in the South Pacific. He is coming out of the tent and he is so handsome! He is wearing his army fatigues and smiling so big...the fatigues are all torn up and he is just fit and musclar. I love seeing him look like that and it makes me wish I would have known him then!

10. I am most excited about sharing Tim Holtz Distress inks, alcohol inks, and embossing folders and dies with you at K.I.S.S. Scrapbooks.