Scrapbook Kit Club Scrapbook Events Scrapbook BlogScrapbook Supplies
Scrapbook Kit Club, Scrapbook Events Scrapbook Kit Club, Scrapbook Charity Events
FAQ | Service Project | Policies | Contact

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Ramblings


What are your middle names?

Mae and Brent - My middle name came from my paternal grandmother Freida Mae. Not sure where Greg's middle name came from. His first name was from a good friend of his dad, Greg Spittler.

How long have you been together?

February 17th will be our 19th anniversary, that's so hard to believe!

How long did you know each other before you started dating?

Can't remember that far back, LOL!! I remember seeing him in the halls at school and saying hi in passing. His smile is beyond breathtaking and he looked fine in those Wrangler jeans and that white shirt. (that's the first time I really remember noticing him!) We really didn't hang in the same group and I'm pretty sure he was dating someone when we first started casually talking.

Who asked whom out?

Greg asked me out. We went to a basketball game and to a little ice cream drive-in shop (that has been since bulldozed down to make room for a park in Neosho)

How old are you?

I am 36 and Greg is 38. I never can remember how old I am (seriously!) so I always ask Greg how old he is and subtract two!

Whose siblings do you see the most?

Probably Greg's. We have Sunday dinner at his mom's ever week and both his brother and sister and families are there.

What situation is the hardest on you as a couple?

Parenting, where is that darn manual to tell you how to do it correctly?

Did you go to the same school?

Yes, kind of. I moved a LOT growing up, usually about every two years if not sooner and no we are not army brats. Greg went to the same school his entire life and now serves on the school board for that school. I went to the same school with Greg for my Freshman year then had to move again but it was just the next town over.

Are you from the same hometown?

Well, I have lived in Granby longer than I ever lived anywhere else so I consider it my hometown. He has lived on the same property since he was born!

Who is smarter?

GREG, Hands down!! I can't remember anything from school. Don't ask me what direction I'm going or what part of the country I'm in or to solve an Algebra problem or to discuss History. Won't happen!! Funny thing is I made great grades in all my subjects, not sure how! LOL! I am a much better/faster reader and he's not very knowledgeable with the computer but getting better with the help of Emma. Between the two of us our kids have a chance I guess!

Who is the most sensitive?

Not sure that either of us are terribly sensitive. We have both been told we can be pretty cold. We aren't mean, we just don't get terribly upset about things that others do or get involved. We keep to ourselves more often than not.

Where do you eat out most as a couple?

We don't eat out much and rarely ever get to go without at least one kid. If we do eat out it's at Red, Hot and Blue or Mexican. Those are our favorites that we both agree on.

Where is the furthest you have traveled together as a couple?

We don't get the chance to travel together much. Couldn't afford it when we were younger and now that we are older Greg's back issues prevents us from traveling much. When we do travel it is as a family vacation - Colorado, Tennessee and Arkansas so far.

Who has the worst temper?

Ohhh that depends on the situation. I like to argue and clear the air, Greg tends to pout and get real quiet for what seems like days. We don't get upset very often at all with each other, well minor things like him not taking the trash out when we are walking around it to open the fridge or when I forget to do a load of laundry and he has no clothes to wear to work but not major issues. We could count on both hands the number of times we've really fought in our 18 years, I think that's pretty darn good!

Who does the cooking?

Greg again! I hate to cook, I like nothing about it so he does cook more than I do. He loves to grill and I love to let him grill, means no cooking for me. Now I will do the side dishes and make the salad and I do cook 2-3 meals a week. He cooks most all of our breakfast meals when we get to eat breakfast as a family.

Who is the neat freak?

Neither of us are neat freaks but I do like things much cleaner than he does. My mom was and is a neat freak, his mom very laid back so we are a happy mix of both of them. Our house is lived in, not spotless not gross! LOL!! I do have to have a clean kitchen before starting the next meal, drives Greg crazy!

Who is more stubborn?

We both can be pretty darn stubborn, I'd say Greg is more stubborn but I bet he would say I am. Hmmm...maybe I should have him do this and compare the answers!

Who is the bed hog?

GREG! Since his back surgeries I sleep in what I call Fort Knox of Pillows! He has two under his head, one under his leg, one under his arm. With that many pillows there is not much room left for me, not too mention that I get one pillow!

Who wakes up earlier?

Not me! I'm not a morning person at all. Greg is. We are polar opposites here and it's taken years to make him realize that. I don't like getting up early, I'm not talkative and don't want to be talked to and it takes me awhile to wake up. Greg is Mr. Happy in the mornings and the earlier the better. I'm not sure what time he gets up but it's around 5:30 every morning and he doesn't have to be to work till 7:30. That's crazy in my opinion! I have to take kids to school at 8:00, I get up at 7:30 and we drive 10 minutes. Sleep is GOOD!

Where was your first date?

I already told that. We did have a funny dating story. Greg picked me up for a date at my house in Fairview and had to take me home to my new house in Neosho. Yes, my parents moved while I was on a date. I'm telling ya, they moved a LOT!

Who is more jealous?

I'm not sure either of us are jealous people.

How long did it take to get serious?

Not very long at all! I still remember where we were the first time he told me he loved me. We were driving in his black truck on the S curves on Hwy 86. I about fell out of the truck! He did get more serious before I did, I was scared to death and not sure how to handle it so tried to push him away. Sure glad he is stubborn and didn't give up on me!

Who eats more?

Greg has a big appetite. He doesn't miss a meal and must have three meals every day. I generally eat breakfast and dinner, sometime just dinner if it's a busy day.

Who does the laundry?

Me mostly but Greg will start a load and take a load out. He's never folded or hung up laundry in our married life, would love if I could get him to do that!
I was asking Greg these questions and we had the same answers on all of them until this one. He wants it known he has put up clothes, the ones I have already folded or put on hangers and left on the bed. He has put them away so that counts....yeah right! LOL!! Oh and he has folded towels too!

Who is better with a computer?

Me, I am on my computer all the time. I know just enough to be dangerous but I can check my email, facebook, blog and even update my website so I'm doing pretty good. Greg has had to have Emma help him in the past but he is getting a bit better.

Who drives when you are together?

Greg usually unless his back is giving him fits. I prefer for him to drive, he makes me feel so at ease and safe plus I get to just watch him as he drives. Love that!

There you go, my answers to a bunch of random and useless to you questions. This could make for a great scrapbook page especially when I get Greg to answer the same questions. I see a He Said/She Said layout coming on..........ohhh and I have the perfect paper for it too!

No comments: