Scrapbook Kit Club Scrapbook Events Scrapbook BlogScrapbook Supplies
Scrapbook Kit Club, Scrapbook Events Scrapbook Kit Club, Scrapbook Charity Events
FAQ | Service Project | Policies | Contact

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Traditions

Well I've heard from Rene that she scored big on hubbies gift...what about the rest of you? Still shopping? Not started yet? If you haven't already, don't forget to tell your Santa that you want a gift certificate to K.I.S.S. Events for Christmas! You'll get a little something extra along with the gift certificate if it's ordered by December 15th! Just email me at info@kisscropnshop.com for details!!


So we started something new this year, hoping to make it a tradition. I got this idea from a website or blog somewhere and sorry that I don't remember where. On December 1st I gave Emma 24 small wrapped presents. She gets to open one each night until Christmas. They are all Christmas themed books or movies that she already had with the exception of about 8 of them. We unwrap and then she and Greg read the book together each night. It's so much fun to watch her get so excited over something she already had. It's helping her count down the days and it's creating some quality daddy/daughter time! Can't beat that! Now I wish I could think of something similar for Tyler but he's not much of a reader and other than hunting/fishing things he's not that interested! I do love this and hope that it will inspire you to share a tradition that you do or start a new one!!


Special thank you to our schools for NOT taking out the true meaning of the season. Our K-4 program was last night and the kids did a great job! I was thrilled to the point of goose bumps when they sang songs not just about Santa and Reindeer but about Jesus!! What a great land that we live in that we can celebrate the REAL reason for the season and I'm so thankful I live in a community that is willing to not only celebrate it but sing it! Here are a few pictures from the program.

1st picture - Emma's class, 2nd picture - Emma and best friend Ryli, 3rd picture Emma and cousin Luke


No comments: